Divorce and Family Law Consultations
The starting point with Tenk Family Law is an initial consultation. Whether you are looking for information before a major life event, want a contract drafted, or you are seeking full legal representation, Tenk Family Law provides a wide range of services to your individualized family needs and budget. If you would like to book a private initial consultation, please contact Tenk Family Law today.
How do I Choose a Family Law Lawyer?
Choosing a family law or divorce lawyer is a very difficult decision. The right lawyer can make all the difference, both in the outcome of your case and how you navigate the process emotionally and financially.
In addition to choosing a lawyer who is knowledgeable and experienced, keeps your case moving forward to its conclusion and is committed to your success, you will also want to consider the following questions:
- Does your personality work with your lawyer’s?
- Can you easily communicate with them?
- Do you trust your lawyer with sensitive information?
- Do you feel heard and respected?
Since every family law case is unique, your needs are different from the needs of friends or family members, even if they faced a similar problem. Tenk Family Law takes pride in helping families through troubling times, building relationships with her clients, and helping them move towards a brighter future.
What Can I Expect During a Consultation Meeting?
You will meet with a family lawyer at Tenk Family Law in a confidential setting and tell them why you are there. During this first meeting, a family lawyer will collect basic information about you, verify your identification, discuss your circumstances, history and objectives and answer any questions you may have. In order to gather the right information, a family lawyer will ask about issues related to your personal life, which may include:
- Details about your marriage, separation and family life;
- Questions about your children and spousal relationship;
- Your income, and your spouse’s income;
- Your assets and liabilities, that you may own solely or jointly; and
- The objectives you wish to achieve.
You will also be able to ask any questions you may have.
In response to the information you share, a family lawyer will give you an overview of how the law applies to the facts you have shared, give an opinion as to your rights and obligations, and outline possible next steps for you and your case.
Do I Need to Prepare Anything for My First Family Law or Divorce Lawyer Consultation?
To prepare for your first meeting with Tenk Family Law, we recommend that you:
- Make a list of questions that you have for your family law consultation.
- Create a list of your assets and liabilities, identifying any assets and/or liabilities that were present on the date of marriage and at your date of separation.
- Collect any marriage contracts, separation agreements, assessment reports, court documents, financial statements or court orders that involve you, your spouse or your children.