Notarized Letters of Consent & Child Travel Consent Letters

Tenk Family Law provides convenient Notary and Commissioner of Oath services to commercial firms, small businesses, individuals and families in Ontario. Tenk Family Law provides services in commissioning documents such as affidavits and statutory declarations, notarizing copies of original documents, and witnessing signatures on documents that require it.

Contact Us Today

notarized letters of consent

Certification of Document Copies

A “certified copy” or “notarized copy” is a copy of an original document that contains a statement made by a qualified professional, affirming that they have seen the original document and that the copy matches the original.

Consent to Travel Documents

Many countries require that parents, relatives and other individuals travelling with a child present a notarized “consent to travel” letter signed by all non-travelling parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of the child as a requirement for entry or exit. A “consent to travel” letter shows that the individual(s) are travelling with the child with the knowledge and permission of all non-accompanying parent(s) or legal guardian(s).

Parents and individuals travelling with children are strongly advised to have a notarized travel consent letter signed by all non-accompanying parent(s) and guardian(s) prior to travelling. Tenk Family Law is pleased to offer services for the preparation and notarization of consent to travel letters. Please note that there may be additional requirements for travel in your circumstances.

child travel consent letter

Affidavits and Statutory Declarations

Commissioners for taking affidavits, sometimes referred to as commissioners of oaths, take affidavits or declarations by asking you to swear or affirm the contents of a document before signing it.

Examples of documents that need to be sworn/affirmed or notarized include:

  • Small claims, family and/or civil court proceedings
  • Forms transferring ownership of a used vehicle to another person
  • Forms gifting a used vehicle to a member of your family
  • An application for a municipal license or an exception to a zoning restriction

Tenk Family Law can help you navigate these issues.